Has scuba diving become a passion? If so, you should consider doing what you love for a living: become a PADI Divemaster. The PADI Divemaster course is your first step towards making scuba diving a career. Working closely with a PADI Dive Instructor, you will expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student scuba divers, including those that are just learning to scuba dive. The PADI Divemaster course is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
During the PADI Divemaster course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You will complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems and help others improve their scuba diving abilities. You will put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises. As you progress through your Divemaster course, you’ll expand your diving knowledge, hone your skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other scuba divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the aquatic realm.
- All lectures and pool sessions
- 10 Open water dives
- PADI Application Fee
- Duration – 10 Days
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification. If you start the Divemaster course with less than 50 dives you will need to make arrangements to get the additional 10 dives needed to qualify for certification at an additional cost.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Divemaster Crew Pak (includes Divemaster Manual & Slates, PADI Instructor Manual, PADI Professional Training Log, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, DSD Cue Card, Scuba Tune-Up book and PADI Pro Bag (not included in ala carte course fee)
- RDP Table or ERDPML with instructions for use (not included in course fee)
- PADI Diving Knowledge Workbook (Optional)
- PADI E-Learning Divemaster Academics online (Optional and saves time spent in classroom) $225
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and booties)
- Scuba equipment (rental is available)
- Tanks and Weights provided
- Required accessories for Divemaster course dives
- $595 ala carte OR
- $1150 includes materials, PADI application fee and PADI Divemaster E-Learning – a savings of $80!
Your Next Adventure
Sea Experience is located in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is full service PADI Career Development Center licensed by the Commission for Independent Education through the Florida Department of Education. This ensures that your training is provided by a facility that meets the strictest standards not only required by PADI but also the State of Florida. The dive shop, classroom, pool, dive boats and accommodations are all in one location. You will receive complete professional scuba career training with a facility that not only trains all levels of scuba diving but also does daily scuba dives on the local reefs and wrecks and welcomes group dive trips. This means you are immersed in the scuba diving lifestyle that only an active dive center can provide.