16 Sep 10 Reasons to Dive with Sea Experience
Posted at 11:20h in Career Training, Daily Dive Trip, Daily Snorkel Trip, Learn to Dive, Scuba Diving Article, Scuba Diving Articles, Sea Experience 0 Comments
- The Dive Boat: Sea Experience 2 is a beautiful 45’ Corinthian catamaran with a spacious deck, a glass bottom window and outfitted to accommodate scuba divers, snorkelers and sightseers.This dive and snorkel boat has many amenities for our passengers; among which include a large glass bottom viewing window, fresh water shower, marine head (toilet for the landlubbers), five entry points, two ladders, a large ice chest for beverages, rinse buckets for masks and cameras and a spacious deck for both shade and open sun. Another main feature is the twin 225 HP outboard engines, which are as quiet as they are efficient, allowing for a cruising speed of around 20 knots.
- Staff: From the folks in the dive shop and the training department to the staff that crew on board the SEA EXPERIENCE, they all share one thing in common, the love for the sea. The shop staff is there to assist with equipment needs, dive and course scheduling and any questions you may have regarding our exciting scuba diving options. The training department staff is all passionate about teaching others about the sport of scuba diving and can introduce you to your first experience of scuba diving all the way through teaching others to be Instructors. Each of the crew members are experienced scuba divers and you may get to see one of them hop into the water with their gear on to add to the excitement! They all enjoy sharing their time on the water with our guests and pointing out things of interest
- Dive Sites: South Florida is home to the largest artificial reefs and wrecks in the country and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is also known as the wreck capital of Florida. Ft. Lauderdale boasts over 50 shipwrecks in 23 miles. The best part? With so many wrecks to choose from, many are perfect for new scuba divers! Wreck sites range from 30′ for the novices to 300′ for the technical scuba divers. Additionally, our natural reefs are healthy, colorful and full of life. Many of our reef dives are drift dives. Let our captain drop you off at one location and pick you up at another after you have had an easy drift dive.
- Location: Sea Experience is the only dive boat and dive shop in South Florida located in a Resort Hotel Marina on the beach! We are located at the Bahia Mar Resort and Marina, which is also just a few minutes from the Ft Lauderdale International Airport. The best part, you can roll out of bed, head to the boat and after scuba diving relax on the beach located right across the street from us. There are also numerous options for dining and entertainment within walking distance of the Bahia Mar and Sea Experience.
- Owner, Bill Cole: Our fearless leader, Captain Bill has been running dive/snorkel vessels for over 30 years and is one of the most experienced boat captain’s in South Florida. Bill started diving on his honeymoon in Grand Cayman in 1977 and it’s been hard to keep him out of the water ever since. Completing scuba instructor training in 1979, Bill began teaching diving at the University of Georgia. In 1988, Bill brought the first glass bottom boat to Fort Lauderdale that ran daily charter. He had spent the previous year training the fish on a shallow reef that he named “Fort Lauderdale Twin Ledges”. To this day the fish come to greet the boat when it arrives at the site.
- Courses: We offer courses from beginner to Specialty Instructor. All of our scuba diving courses are taught by professional certified scuba instructors at our PADI 5 Star Career Development Center. Several scuba diving courses have the e-Learning option which allows you, the student, to complete the academics online at your own pace, on your schedule and you can start your course right now! When finished with the online academics, you will meet with one of our PADI Scuba Instructors for the practical training and scuba dives. Don’t wait for scheduled courses that other shops offer, we will work with your schedule and arrange the class to meet your needs. Essentially, (with only a few exceptions) all of our scuba diving courses are “private” and at no additional charge to our students! Call 954-770-3483 to speak to one of our scuba Instructors for more information and to schedule your scuba diving course.
- High Quality Dive Equipment: At Sea Experience we sell and rent only the highest quality dive equipment. We are dealers for AquaLung among other great companies.
- Events: Check out our Facebook page for the many yearly events we hold! There are underwater cleanups, PADI Pro nights, BBQs and lots of other fun events.
- Family Friendly: We are family friendly at Sea Experience! There are options for the whole family, including classes, diving, snorkeling, and glass bottom boat rides.
- Dive Option Variety: Are you a diver interested in spear fishing, or photography? Maybe guided dives are what you are looking for. Sea Experience gives you several options when you are planning your dive trip. Just let us know what you would like to do and we will do our best to accommodate.