PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC)
Dive Instructor Training Course Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification.
Are you looking to take on a new challenge? To do something others only dream of? To transform your life and the lives of others? Then take the next step to becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) is the cornerstone of professional level scuba diver training. The Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) focuses on preparing you to function as a qualified professional PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor by introducing you to the complete PADI instructor training system. The course focuses your ability on using all components of the system as a professional dive educator. The PADI IDC is a combination of the PADI Assistant Instructor and the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor courses.
The fun part of PADI Instructor training is interacting with your fellow candidates while creating friendships that last long after the course has ended.
The challenging part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) is the commitment you personally make to the training. The Sea Experience PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) requires that you complete the Dive Theory E-Learning program prior to attending the live sessions. All PADI IDC candidates must also prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations which is in the form of “homework” after the live sessions. Organization and dedication is the key!
During the PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC), you will learn the PADI instructor training system of Education. This is accomplished through presenting Confined Water Presentations, Knowledge Development Presentations and Open Water Presentations. Additionally, you will attend and participate in 14 curriculum presentations, perform all 24 dive skills at demonstration quality and perform an 800 yard face down, nonstop mask, snorkel, fin swim, all while being assessed for positive attitude and professionalism.
The PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) concludes with a two day Instructor Exam (IE). A representative from PADI will evaluate the skills and knowledge you gained from the PADI IDC and self-study E-Learning. PADI IDC candidates will present a teaching presentation in Confined Water, Knowledge Development, and Open Water. Additionally, the PADI IDC Candidates will give a Rescue Demonstration and pass exams in Standards and Dive Theory.
Take the next step in your training and join the ranks of the best scuba diving instructors in the world! The PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) offered at Sea Experience in beautiful, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, will open doors to a new world of adventure!
- All classroom, pool, and dives are included
- Duration – 6 Days
- Dives – 3
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months (check with our PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.)
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor prior to the Instructor Exam
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives to participate in the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC).
- You’ll need to show proof of 100 logged dives to attend the PADI Instructor Exam or be enrolled in five classes before, or after the IDC at Sea Experience.
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- PADI IDC Crew Pak (not included in a la carte course fee). Includes: PADI’s Guide to Teaching manual w/Binder & CD and info sheet, Specialty Course Instr. Manual, Instructor Cue Cards: Confined Water, AOW, OW, Rescue Diver, & Divemaster, Open Water Multilingual Prescriptive Lesson Guides CD-ROM (E,S), Diving Knowledge Workbook, OW Lesson Planning Slate, Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate, Student Skill Practice Slate, OW Quizzes & Exams, Divemaster & Rescue Diver Exams, PPB Instr. Guide, Positive Approach Selling DVD, Instructor Application, Evaluation Enrollment Form, Certificate of Completion, Candidate Info & Training Record Form, Blue Hologram Decal, PADI Backpack
- PADI IDC eLearning
- PADI Dive Theory Online
- PADI Instructor Application Fee
- PADI Instructor Examination Fee
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and booties)
- Scuba equipment including compass, timing device, cutting tool, audible and visible signaling devices such as an SMB and whistle.
- Tanks and Weights provided
- A la carte: Tuition – $1499, PADI IDC Crewpack – $598.05 (SeaXP will price match), PADI IDC eLearning – $355, PADI Instructor application fee – $156, PADI Instructor Examination Fee – $625, PADI Dive Theory eLearning (Strongly recommended) – $125
- All Inclusive: $2699 – Save $534.05 PADI Dive Theory eLearning (Strongly recommended) – $125
Sea Experience is located in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is full service PADI Career Development Center licensed by the Commission for Independent Education through the Florida Department of Education. This ensures that your training is provided by a facility that meets the strictest standards not only required by PADI but also the State of Florida. The dive shop, classroom, pool, dive boats and accommodations are all in one location. You will receive complete professional scuba career training with a facility that not only trains all levels of scuba diving but also does daily scuba dives on the local reefs and wrecks and welcomes group dive trips. This means you are immersed in the scuba diving lifestyle that only an active dive center can provide.