Scuba Career Training
Do you remember what it was like to take your first breath underwater, the excitement of being weightless and the thrill of exploring the underwater world? Are you ready to transform your life and the lives of others through scuba diving and live the life you’ve only dreamed of? All this and more is what awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
During your professional scuba career training with Sea Experience, a PADI 5 Star Career Development Center, you will learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by participating in Knowledge Development presentations, Confined Water presentations and Open Water presentations. During the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) you will also attend and participate in curriculum presentations, demonstrate competency in dive skills such as performing a face-down mask, snorkel, fin swim and pass a five-part theory exam and a Standards exam.
Sea Experience is full service PADI Career Development Center licensed by the Commission for Independent Education through the Florida Department of Education. This ensures that your training is provided by a facility that meets the strictest standards not only required by PADI but also the State of Florida. The dive shop, classroom, pool, dive boats and accommodations are all in one location. You will receive complete professional scuba career training with a facility that not only trains all levels of scuba diving but also does daily scuba dives on the local reefs and wrecks and welcomes group dive trips. This means you are immersed in the scuba diving lifestyle that only an active dive center can provide.
To qualify for the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months (check with our PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.)
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor prior to the Instructor Exam
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged scuba dives to participate in the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and PADI Instructor Exam. You’ll need to show proof of 100 logged scuba dives to be certified by PADI
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for scuba diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
The PADI Instructor Development Crewpak which includes the following:
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching manual with binder & CD
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor manual
- Instructor cue cards for Confined Water, Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver and Divemaster
- Open Water Prescriptive lesson guides CD-ROM
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Open Water and Confined Water lesson preparation slates
- Open Water, Rescue Diver and Divemaster Quizzes and Exam books
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor Guide
- Positive Approach Selling DVD
- PADI Backpack
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and booties).
- Scuba equipment (rental is available).
- Tanks and Weights provided.
- Two signaling devices – one audible and one visual
- Cutting tool such as a knife, compass and dive watch
- PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) – $995
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer Preparation (MSDT) – $1,399 (Includes all materials and PADI fees)
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor - $899 (Includes all materials and PADI fees)
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor Audit – $399
- Total Immersion Program (TIP): Open Water to Divemaster – $3,899 (Includes Books, Materials and PADI fees)
- Phase I: Professional PADI Divemaster, EANx Specialty Diver, PADI Rescue Diver, DAN O2 Provider and Emergency First Responder – $1,799 (Includes Books, Materials and PADI fees)
- Phase II: PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and Emergency First Response Instructor Course – $2,999 (Includes Books, Materials and PADI fees)
- Phase III: Master Scuba Diver Trainer, DES Instructor, Resort Specialist – $3,999 (Includes Books, Materials and PADI fees)
|Do you want to further your dive education and become a PADI Instructor? If you have financing through alternative sources contact Jayne Haas at email@example.com or at 813-362-6206 for more information and any questions. State of Florida Department of Education Vocational Rehabilitation Approved.|
2013 Career Training Calendar
Download PDF version